Online Solar Monitoring
TSP Solar Bot can be used on a Raspberry Pi (or other Linux ARM devices) to log inverter and battery information to the cloud. The data can be remotely viewed in a user friendly manner at www.tspsolarbot.com
Extract the .tar file to your Desktop or your preferred destination. The tar file can be extracted by right-clicking the .tar file and selecting extract here.
Execute setup.sh. It be located in TSPSolarBot folder. It is only necessary to execute once. If you execute it again you will have to log in again.
- The TSPSolarbot should open and the application will be installed.
- TSPSolarBot can now be accessed from the Applications menu under Accessories
If application was copied via USB storage, allow executable permissions* for all the executables: - TSPSolarBot - setup.sh - config
*Permissions can be changed on the Raspberry Pi by right-clicking the file and navigating to the Permissions tab. Under Access Control, ensure the execute setting is set to anyone.
Run TSPSolarBot to open the main program. The file does not have .sh or .exe extension.
Click the Login button and log in with your username/email and password that can be created at https://tspsolarbot.com/register. You can click the link to open the web browser.
If you forgot your username, your password can be retrieved and your username will automatically be added to the email.
- The Sun Pays 100Ah , 200Ah Lithium battery
- The Sun Pays 4kW , 5kW and 5.5kW inverters 4kw and 5kw multiple inverters suspported
- Sacolar inverters (multiple inverters are not supported yet)
- Growatt inverters (multiple inverters are not supported yet)
It is recommended to use communication cables from The Sun Pays, otherwise the program may not function as intended.
Required cable: RS232-RJ11 (Battery) to USB A (RaspberryPi)
- USB B (Inverter) to USB A (RaspberryPi)
- RJ45 (Inverter) to USB A (RaspberryPi)
- Internet connection
- Registration at tspsolarbot.com
- Latest version:
TSP Solar Bot V1.17.1 ARM.tar (Raspberry PI 32 bit)
TSP Solar Bot V1.17.1 deb64.tar.gz (Linux 64 bit)
- As the software is still a work in progress, bugs and errors will be present. Feedback or recommendations can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Auto-update is not yet implemented. Please visit this page to obtain the latest copy of the logging software until the auto-update feature was added.
- Multiple inverter and battery logging is limited to The Sun Pays 4kW/5kW inverters and The Sun Pays lithium batteries. Growatt Sacolar inverters to be added soon.
- Remote relay control (for geyser timer via the Raspberry Pi) from the dashboard to be updated soon.
- Internet is required for offline logging.
Warnings and condition monitoring example:
Change inverter settings remotely example: